What Stains your Teeth? Tips from our Seattle Dentist
When you need to get rid of the stains on your teeth, you can come see our Seattle dentist, Dr. Jaime Lee for a whitening. But how can you keep your teeth from staining more in the future? Unfortunately, tooth-staining substances abound in your daily diet, so much so that you can’t reasonably expect to avoid them all.
Common daily factors that can stain your teeth includes:
- Drinks such as tea, sodas, sports drinks, and coffee can damage tooth enamel and stain your teeth.
- Colorful sauces including tomato sauces, soy sauce, curry, etc.
- Fruits such as berries. The strong pigmentation present in the more colorful berries are also present in jellies, jams, juices, and the dark wines that are made from them.
- Nicotine and Tar in tobacco.
- Many colorful candies and sweets.
Obviously, this list represents not only a lot of common indulgences for many people, but also a lot of the healthiest substances you can put into your body. Therefore, instead of simply cutting them all out of your diet, consider some easy stain-fighting habits that can allow you to enjoy your favorites without dulling your smile.
Drink your more colorful drinks through a straw, and don’t let them linger among your teeth. Keep water handy as you partake of staining foods to help you rinse away pigments before they settle into the cracks and ridges of your teeth.
And when all else fails, make a whitening appointment with Dr. Jaime Lee at Smile Art at our Seattle dental clinic.