Same Day Crowns – Seattle CEREC Dentist
It allows us to be extremely precise and save more of the healthy part of your tooth.Cerec is the most technologically advanced device in the field of dentistry today!
Instead of wearing a temporary for a few weeks, we deliver the care in the same appointment. Your tooth is scanned by a computer, the restoration is designed and the milled to completion. The crown is then delivered before the anesthesia (numbness) even wears off.
First and foremost, the restoration can be performed in a single session, usually in about one hour. With CEREC there’s no need for us to make an impression and send it to a lab. We won’t inconvenience you by asking you to return for a second visit.
The restoration is natural looking, because it is made of tooth-colored ceramic material. It’s metal-free – no silver fillings to discolor your smile! The ceramic material is compatible with tissue in your mouth and is high-grade, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant.
Key Benefits of CEREC Same Day Crowns
- CEREC porcelain is very tooth-like. It is smoother than traditional porcelains and does not cause as much wear to the opposing teeth.
- CEREC restorations are more conservative than traditional crowns. More of the natural tooth structure is retained with this new technology.
- CEREC restorations are bonded to the tooth. This reduces sensitivity and strengthens the tooth. Most traditional crowns are cemented with glues that can “wash away” in time.
- X-rays penetrate CEREC porcelain so the dentist can see problems, if they develop, down the road. It is difficult to see what is happening under traditional metal or porcelain-to-metal crowns with dental X-rays.
CEREC® has revolutionized the restorative process. It was created with the patient in mind in order to make a visit to the dentist as pain-free as possible.
- Saves Time. Saves Vists. Saves Pain.
- Eliminates Second Anesthetic
- No Impressions
- No Mercury
- Conservation of Tooth Structure
- Less Prone to Cracks and Flaws